A lesson from Oprah on the power of thought

I am a firm believer in the power of thought.

That focusing on a goal, believing it and visualising it - actually seeing it in your mind - is hugely powerful.

Almost all sucessful people in history have "had a vision", it sounds cheesy but I have learnt not underestimate the importance of this very simple principle.

Edison and the lightbulb, Einstein, Shakespeare, the Wright and the Short brothers who of course were the first people to suggest, and believe, that it was possible to climb aboard a contraption with wings and fly, and others.

The didn't necessarily how how they were going to turn their vision into a reality, they just knew it would happen.

A metaphor I love is to compare it to driving from London to Edinburgh in the dark.

The headlights will only let you see 200 yards ahead, but don't worry, because as you move towards your destination you see another 200 yards, and another and another. You keep moving, only seeing 200 yards ahead until you reach Edinburgh.

You don't have to know exactly how you are going to get there, or see the whole path ahead of you, just the next 20 yards, taking little steps with your destination firmly in mind is all you need.

Over the past few years I have read a number of books on this principle, and I am an absolute believer that positive thinking draws things into your life, and takes you closer to your goals.

I love the following from Oprah Winfrey on the same subject.

So, as I am conscious I have not updated this site for a couple of days, while I get myself together, I though I would share it with you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another sour and yawn-inducing offering from Tabloid Watch

Is it racist to mark St George's day?- Ricky Gervais thinks some may think so

Jedward spotted in the city, but what were they up to?