Jedward - the post Jed-war fallout


The world has gone Jed-bonkers!!!

Blimey, I never thought that penning a few words about these lovely two boys would land me in such Jed-hot water.

I talk about the blog post I made the other week when I spotted the boys near London's Monument Station.

OK I admit, I was a bit mean in my words, but it was delivered with love an affection, you know a few gentle digs at their wacky hair and dubious ability to hold a note.

My opinions, though, triggered outrage - a veritable Jed-war, and within minutes of posting the piece on this site I was inundated with fury from fans.

My twitter feed became a forum for Jedward supporters, who let me know under no uncertain terms what they thought of me.

I was bombarded with accusations that I didn’t know what I was talking about. 

That I had committed some sort of dastardly crime by speaking about the twins in a less than complimentary tone of phrase.

So, I feel it is time to redress the balance.

I reiterate  that I have the utmost admiration for anyone who takes what they have got and runs with it, to the top.

And I was very clear about this.

In that respect, I applaud Jedward, I truly do, in fact I’ll go further, I bow down and salute you John and Edward Grimes.

The UK (I KNOW they are not British, they are Irish) is being dragged into the mire by the entitlement brigade, feckless, workshy users popping out kids and expecting others to  work and support them.

People are moaning about the NHS – yes that virtually free service that we all enjoy as a priveledge in this country - for not giving them IVF, for not giving appointments quickly enough, for not sorting out their sex lives.

Unemployed Latvian single mothers are demanding  hard-working Britons pay for their 10 children and cough up more in taxes to  give them bigger houses.

At a time when all this is going on, I respect, admire and support anyone who gets off their backside,  does their thing, and sets their sights on nothing lower than the top.

I repeat, I respect and admire you Jedward.

You are hard-working, you doggedly promote your image and your product, and by all accounts you are pretty nice chaps – I haven’t met you yet, so I can only  go on what I have heard.

But I have an opinion, in fact I am paid to to have one and I would be no good at my trade if I did not say what I thought.

One of the criticisms I received was that I had not listened to any of the boys’ new stuff, but concentrated on their Eurovision efforts and appearance on the X Factor in 2009.

This is true, and I hold my hands up. I responded and said I would redress the issue after I had look.

So, with that in mind, here we go.

And to the Jedward-crew,  I remind you that I have said some very nice things about them so far .....

But....

I am sorry they are still not my cup of tea.

I was accused, when said they had "irritating voices", of making fun of their Irish accents.

That is not the case.  I just meant their voices are irritating, and they still are, especially when they sing.

I thought this when I listened to Waterline, their Eurovision entry.

Waterline? More like waterboarded, because that’s what it felt like.


Lipstick literally made me want to go and put my head through a food grinder.


Their new offering Young Love, only gave me cause to think about all that is good about the silver-shagger  generation.


Come on, Young Love? Haven’t we heard it all before, only better?

Gelled-up young boys crooning about being in love and their girlfriends leaving them??- Cringe.

And then there is all the leaping about in silly costumes, equally as irritating as their singing voices.

Yes, yes, for anyone that is about to point it out, I myself am known to leap about and be daft on television, but I take the criticism with the praise, and allow viewers their opinion.

This week I was likened to the Rat off Flushed Away,  but I laughed it off.

So here is what I think about Jedward.

Enthusiastic, determined, clean and disciplined young lads –  keep doing what you are doing boys and I’ll see you at the top one day.

But please don’t make me listen to you along the way.






Comments

  1. That's an improvement of your last blog about them. If you ever meet them you will realise how amazing, lovely and kind they to everyone not judging them on looks or their voices, maybe if you ever meet them you should take notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, never mind you don't get the genius of Jedward, Nathan. Well done for giving them a try and appreciating their enthusiasm. With your last blog I hardly think it was a 'war' unless you failed to place some horrible comments? No worries. Jedward fans look forward to welcoming you into the fold when you finally get the twins and see John and Edward's truly fine minds at work. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jedward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for redressing the balance, Its nice to see you appreciate their hard work and determination.
    Its a shame Young Love wasn't to your taste, its one of my favorites albums I love the retro feel to it, and the ballads are quite lovely, I rather like their singing voices actually (check out Their Hall of fame cover on You tube)

    I do hope you don't feel you were waged war upon! whilst I love a good debate, I don't believe I have ever made war upon anybody x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for at least giving John and Edward the respect they deserve, even if their music isn't for you, not many in the UK do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for redressing the situation and giving reasons for your opinion, I appreciate that. They're not your cup of tea and I completely accept it, of course. Our comments in order to stand up for the twins may sometimes be quite strong but that's only for the fact that during these years we've witnessed (not talking about you, just in general!) the twins getting so much hate and being insulted in ways that are too horrible to be repeated here -that hurts us. And we know it hurts them too sometimes so it doesn't take much for us to do what we're doing.

    I really do hope you don't feel being waged war upon this, that was never my intention. And I hope you'll get to meet them someday -they truly are the kindest and loveliest boys I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nathan, if the best thing you can say about them is that they are clean (one assumes they sometimes take a shower) I would give up the ghost. That said, the follow up comments from Jedward Fans on here come across as very sweet, now that they have stopped sticking pins in the Voodoo dolls of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE JEDWARD SO MUCH, that's good you at least respect them.
    my little advicE: do try to meet them. I promise you they're the loveliest people on earth, I swear!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another sour and yawn-inducing offering from Tabloid Watch

Is it racist to mark St George's day?- Ricky Gervais thinks some may think so

Jedward spotted in the city, but what were they up to?