Daily Express newsroom gets a royal visitor


It’s the run up to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, and that means one thing - my job is to get substantially busier over the next week.

I am not a huge royalist, and although I am sure it is going to be a nice few days for everyone, all the pomp and pageantry I find a bit uncomfortable.

Consequently I am  doing just one Jubilee-related blog as I am really not that excited about the whole thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the Royal family. But I get a bit tired of the bowing and scraping I, and other working commoners must partake in.

That’s just my humble opinion though, probably a result of the knowledge that any major national event means more work for me, and no bank holiday.

The rest of the country, however, is getting in the spirit of the occasion. 

The bunting is out, the shops are full of memorabilia, and the Queen is no doubt getting her best frock pressed and ironed for the big day.

Millions  will raise a glass of bubbly to toast Her Majesty’s 60th year on the throne this weekend.

For a national newspaper, like the royal wedding last year, it is a very busy time, and Jubilee fever is building in the office.

Which brings me to the reason for this post.

Today we had a rather special visitor. She did not arrive in her usual style, a limo, with bodyguards and assistants in tow.

She came folded in four, in a plastic bag, with a cardboard plinth up her back.

However the new Daily Express Queen  still caused a flurry of excitement, and now takes pride of place in the middle of the newsroom.

If it’s your thing, enjoy the celebrations, if not – don’t worry it's only going to last  three days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another sour and yawn-inducing offering from Tabloid Watch

Jedward spotted in the city, but what were they up to?

Is it racist to mark St George's day?- Ricky Gervais thinks some may think so